Industry and Trade
We know it’s critically important to stay connected. Our relationships inside the food and produce business provide us with current products and trends, access to industry events & promotions and with a continuous flow of pertinent information. We’ll use our connections to assist customers in making informed choices and be successful.
- PRO*ACT is a national network of independent, local distributors comprised of 70+ distribution centers across North America who can deliver quality fresh food from anywhere around the world. With an average of 50+ years in the industry per company, PRO*ACT distributors bring an unparalleled level of commitment, expertise and experience. PRO*ACT contracts with the industry’s leading growers and shippers, providing the foodservice and retail industry with the “PRO*ACT Advantage” in product quality, safety and value. PRO*ACT provides category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management – bringing optimal economic value and food safety to foodservice and retail businesses and also setting new standards in the produce industry each and every day.
- Hosted by the Produce for Better Health Foundation, this is the consumer and media website for the More Matters campaign to promote the consumption of fruits and vegetables. This is a health initiative under Produce for Better Health organization (nonprofit) with the focus on helping Americans eat more fruits and vegetables. Look here for meal plans, recipes, ideas for kids’ activities and much more.
- USDA Mission Areas include: Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services; Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services; Food Safety; Marketing and Regulatory Programs; Natural Resources and Environment; Research, Education and Economics; Rural Development.
- The Partnership for Food Safety Education (PFSE) is a not-for-profit organization that unites industry associations, professional societies in food science, nutrition and health, consumer groups, and the U.S. government to educate the public about safe food handling.
- United Fresh Produce Association is a leading industry trade association committed to driving the growth and success of produce companies and their partners.
The Produce Marketing Association is a leading global trade association serving the entire produce and floral supply chains by enhancing the marketing of produce, floral, and related products and services worldwide.
- Since 1965, the Fresh Produce & Floral Council has been providing unique networking and business growth opportunities for professionals in the produce and floral industries in California. Its members include growers, shippers, wholesalers, brokers, distributors and retailers of produce and/or floral items.
- The mission of the farm-to-fork movement is to bring awareness to the Sacramento region’s local food production, consumption and sustainability as well as the contribution and exportation of sustainable products to the rest of the nation and world. It highlights and features the farmers, chefs and culinary community that make the Sacramento region the Farm-to-Fork Capital of America.
- The University of California at Davis is a leading source of research-based information on the postharvest quality, safety and marketability of fresh horticultural products for the produce value chain. Through the postharvest research and extension programs, they strive to provide relevant information to California growers, shippers, marketers, carriers, distributors, retailers, processors, and consumers of fresh horticultural crops.
- PBH serves as a go-to resource for fruit and vegetable marketing and education. By promoting increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, they foster an ideal of serving produce at every eating occasion.